пятница, 5 декабря 2014 г.

Siege of Trarbach, 10 April - 2 May 1734

Trarbach was a medieval castle in the Archbishopric of Trier. In 1734 it was held by a garrison of 600 Trier's soldiers under lieutenant-colonel baron Hohenfeld & 100 Austrian soldiers from Alt-Daun regiment under captain count Wurmbrand.
On 10 of April Trarbach was invested by a French vanguard under Brigadier Charles Louis Auguste Fouquet, duc de Belle-Isle with 14 companies of grenadiers (2 from Touraine, 2 - la Couronne, 2 - Vermandois, 1 - Mailly, 1 -Soissonnais, 1 - Vivarais, 1 - Beaujolais, 1 - Courten, 1 - Lenck, 1 - Rosnyvinen, 1 - Gàtinois), 2 compagnies franches (de Desthiers/Trier & Pauly) & 50 dragoons from Suze regiment. The main troops of 15  battalion (2 - Royal, 2 - Touraine, 2 - la Couronne, 1 -Vermandois, 1 - Soissonnais, 2 - Beauce, 1 - Vivarais, 2 - Courten (suisse), 1 - Lenck (allemand), 1 - Rosnyvinen) & 9 squadrons of Dragoons (3 - Mestre-de-Camp-Général, 3 - Suze, 3 - d'Harcourt) arrived on 13 April. The siege artillery was of 15 siege cannons & 14 mortars. French threw 2687 bombs & finally made the garrison to capitulate on the terms of free passage to Coblenz.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий