вторник, 10 мая 2011 г.

Lithuanian standard of Tizenhausen Reiters (Sigismund III's reign)

I would like to thank Dan Schorr & Michal Paradowski for their help & assistance, I highly appreciate their efforts. Original post on this topic contained a mistake. Illustrations in the source were changed & I didn't check them. Now all is right.
The source is: Grabowski W. Polskie choragwie z XVI-XVII wieku w zbiorach ikonograficznych Armemuseum w Sztokholmie // "Dawne Bron i Barwa" # 23, 2000, pp 3-30
click to enlarge

click to enlarge
It's mentioned that the standard is from the Swedish Trophy collection. I don't find it on the Digital Museum site, probably it doesn't survive. So, the only image is from Hoffman's album.

5 комментариев:

  1. Actually description under picture You shown here is wrong - it isn't Tyzenhauz's cornet but 'Grodzieńska' standard, same one You posted before. In Polish text You can read description of Tyzenhauz's standard and it was completely different. In article Tyzenhauz's standard was shown above (under letter A.) and during print someone missed error (desricption of standard A and B were changed)

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Yeah, if You want I can send You whole article

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. Glad I was able to help :) If You need some info about that unit just let me know - I love reiters in Commonwealth armies and always trying to gather as much info about them as possible.

    ОтветитьУдалить