пятница, 14 августа 2015 г.

Siege of Antwerpen (or Anvers), 19 May - 1 June 1746


Antwerpen was defended by a 1,400-strong Austrian garrison (detachments from various troops) under GFWM Peter Franz v. Piza y Esteva. French invested the city on 19 May 1746. Main French forces under GL Clermont (28 bats, 16 sqns) arrived on 21st. The city of Antwerpen was declared the non-war area, & Austrians closed in a citadel. The siege was short & non-fierce. When French siege works approached the walls, the garrison agreed to capitulate on the terms of free passage on 1 of June 1746.




Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий