|De overwinningen in Griekenland bij Kalamata, 1685|
From Hollandse Mercurius
|Venetian BO dated 14 Sept 1685 from Schwencke|
Click to enlarge
- In front of first column on the right wing was Slavonian coy under Bonarel of 80 men.
- Second column on the right wing also included Garsoni & Hammer Venetian regiments (each of a single battalion)
- Saxon Auxiliary Corps was of 3 regiments each of 10 coys: Schonfeld (red coats), Loppauer & Kleist (both in gray). In the battle of Kalamata they created 9 "field" battalions.
- 2 squadrons of the Corbon Dragoons (Venetian) were on the left wing
- Venetians were supported by about 1,000 of Mani mutineers