|Verovering von Stettin, 1677 by R. de Hooghe|
You can see Brandenburg headquarter in the front
(2MB, click to enlarge)
|Siege of Stettin, 1677|
by Jan van Huchtenburgh
You can see Brandenburg battery in the front
Stettin was blockaded since Dec 1676, the siege started in August 1677. Garrison capitulated on 26 Dec 1677.
Allied army included Brandeburg, Danish & Luneburg-Wolfenbuttel troops.
Updated material about Swedish garrison will be added soon.
Brandenburg army, Kurfurst Friedrich Wilhelm
|Brandenburg Kurfurst Friedrich Wilhelm on the siege|
battery during the siege of Stettin, 1677
- 150 cannons (incl. 3 60-pdr, 2 48-pdr, 4 40-pdr, 40 24-pdr)
- 24 mortars
- 6 howitzers
Brandenburg Artillery Corps was of 300 Buchsenmeisters, 300 Handlangers, 24 Miniuers, 40 Feurwerters.
Denmark provided only one foot regiment under oberst A. von Lehndorff. Through a special; agreement between King of Denmark & Kurfurst of Brandenburg, the regiment was raised on Brandenburg territory.
Luneburg-Wolfenbuttel Corps, ab. 4000 men
GM von Ende (Luneburg)
- GM von Ende Foot reg., 10 coys (Luneburg)
- Oberst Jocuet Foot reg., 10 coys (Luneburg)
- Oberst Mollesson Foot reg., 10 coys (Luneburg)
- Oberst Molleville Foot "escadron", 5 coys (Luneburg)
- Oberst Wrede Foot reg, ? coys (Braunschweig-Wolfenbuttel)
- Oberst Schack Foot reg, ? coys ( Braunschweig-Wolfenbuttel )
See also: Swedish garrison of Stettin, 1677