воскресенье, 15 января 2012 г.

Saxon troops sent to Wien (Vienna), end of July 1683

Saxony sent in the end of July 1683 a Corps of 10,454 men to support Austrians. It consisted of 3,194 cavalry (Trabanten, 4 Cuirassier and a Dragoon regiments) & 7,073 infantry (13 battalions: 6 regiments of 2 & converged grenadier battalion). Artillery was of 16 cannons with 187 men.
a. Musketier des Leibregiments zu Fuss, 1683
b. Musketier des v. Uetterodt zu Fuss, 1683
c. Musketier eines Regiments zu Fuss, 1695
(from: Friedrich W. Die Uniformen der Kurfürstlich Sächsischen Armee 1683-1763).
CLICK TO ENLARGE


 Liste des Kursachsischen Korps (end of July 1683)
CLICK TO ENLARGE


CLICK TO ENLARGE
Source: Schuster O., Francke F.U. Geschichte der Sächsischen Armee von deren Errichtung bis auf die neueste Zeit. Teil 1. SS.. 102-103
See also: Saxon Auxiliary Corps in Hungary in 1686 (link)

2 комментария:

  1. During battle one battalion from von Goltz's regiment of foot was detached to support Polish troops - alongside with battalions (one each) from Imperial regiment of Neuberg, Bavarian regiment of Mercy and Franconian regiment of Koth. Franconian were on Polish left wing, all other three batallions on Polish right wing.

    ОтветитьУдалить
  2. Thank you for the supplement. Schuster didn't mention Goltz's detachment

    ОтветитьУдалить