воскресенье, 3 апреля 2016 г.

Two Polish 3-pdr cannons casted in mid of 18 c.

Polish 3-pdr cannon belonged to Antoni Marcin Chrapowicki
(ЦВММ)
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Russian Central Museum of Military Marine has 2 Polish cannons casted in the mid of XVIII c. Both were captured during the Partition of Poland. One of them was casted in 1749 & decocated with Polish "Gozdawa" coat of arms (link), letters "A M CH P S", a date "1749" & motto "Quis ut Deus". The owner is attributed as Antoni Marcin Chrapowicki, Podkomorzy Smolenski (link). The motto "Quis ut Deus" is dedicated to St. Michael, who was a Holy patron of Smolensk.
Polish 3-pdr cannon casted in 1752 for unknown owner of Rawicz coat of arms
(ЦВММ)
CLICK TO ENLARGE
The second cannon is decorated with "Rawicz" coat of arms (link), letters "F R W R" & a date "1752". The owner is not attributed. Any ideas are wellcomed!

Source of attribution: (link)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий