четверг, 23 сентября 2010 г.

Swedish GNW Grenadier cap of De la Gardie regiment

Grenadier cap of De la Gardie  infanteriregementre
Гренадерская шапка полка Де ла Гарди
(ВИМАИВиВС, СПб)
CLICK TO ENLARGE
Grenadier cap is from the collection of the Artillery Museum in S.Peterburg (ВИМАИВиВС). The front is decorated with Carl XII's monogram & Estland CoA. The back side of the cap is decorated by "GRENADIERS DE DANNENFELD". According to the Lewenhaupt’s work Klaus v. Dannenfeld since 1700 served in De la Gardie regiment, raised in Estland (Reval) in 1700. He became captain-lieutenant & then captain in 1703 (confirmed in the rank on March 6, 1705). Captain-lieutenant was a commander of colonel's company, often it was a grenadier one (for example in Mellin's regiment). So, Estland's CoA & Dannenfeld's inscription clearly state that the cap belonged to the De la Gardie regiment. 
Grenadier cap of De la Gardie  infanteriregementre
Гренадерская шапка полка Де ла Гарди
(ВИМАИВиВС, СПб)
CLICK TO ENLARGE
De la Gardie regiment was raised through enlistment as a garrison regiment in Reval (Revalska garnisonsregementet) in spring 1700 from capt. Freiburg’s company of Narva regiment (Garnisonsregementet i Narva). Regimental chief was  Estland governor Axel Julius De la Gardie, colonel – Adam Carl De la Gardie. On the 1st of October 1700 the regiment was stationed in Reval & called Revalska garnisonsregementet. The same is in spring 1701. In the campaign of 1702 one battalion was with Cronhiort, the second was with Schlippenbach & destroyed at Hummelshof. In 1702 after Hummelshof regimental commander asked for “Shirts, neckcloths, gauntlets, and hair bags for 1,040 men”.  In 1703-04 the regiment stayed in Reval. Captive captain Holstein from this regiment said that it consisted of 16 coys of 64 men in spring 1704. Transferred to Lewenhaupt in 1707 & campaigned with him in 1708-09.  Since 1706 (maybe earlier) the regiment called Livländsk instead of previous Estländskt. Evidently the costs were put on this province.
Previously only the brief description of cap's front was known (Carl XII's monogram, grenades, Estland's lions). Basing on it the cap was attributed as Narva garrison regiment (see it's reconstructions in Karoliner, p. 52 & Hoglund's GNW uniforms V. 1, p. 14). Then the full detailed description & photos with "GRENADIERS DE DANNENFELD" became available. And it's became clear that the cap is not Narva regiment, but De la Gardie's one. By the way: there are no any additional mentions or sources about Narva regiment grenadier cap except this incorrect attribution. 
Hoglund mentions (p. 15) this cap but doubt that it belonged to De la Gardie regiment because it had blue-yellow uniforms since 1707. But pre-1707 uniform could be blue-red (regiment received uniforms at least 3 times, in 1700, 1702 & 1707). So, the cap was evidently made between 1703 (when Dannenfeld got a company) & 1707 (when regiment got new uniforms) 
Гренадерская шапка пехотного полка Де ла Гарди.
Шапка из коллекции Арт. музея в С.Петербурге (ВИМАИВиВС). Передняя часть шапки украшена гербом Эстляндии и инициалами Карла XII. На заднике вышито "GRENADIERS DE DANNENFELD". Согласно справочнику Левенгаупта Клаус фон Данненфельд всю войну прослужил в пехотном вербованном полку Де ла Гарди. Он стал капитан-лейтенантом (т.е. командиром роты полковника, возможно именно она была гренадерской, как в полку Меллина) в 1703 г., в том же году капитан (официально подтвержден королевским указом в этом чине только 6 марта 1705). 

Полк Де ла Гарди сформирован весной 1700 в Ревеле как Ревельский гарнизонный полк из роты капитана Фрейбурга из Нарвского гарнизонного полка (до войны она стояла в Ревеле и стала основой для создания нового полка). Шеф - губернатор Эстляндии Аксель Юлиус Де ла Гарди (внук Понтуса Де ла Гарди), полковник - Адам Карл Де ла Гарди. В кампанию 1702 один батальон с Крониортом в Приневье, второй (уже подполковника Фрейбурга) - с Шлиппенбахом, и был уничтожен при Гуммельсгофе. В конце 1702 полковник запрашивал униформу на 1 040 чел. Весной 1704 пленный капитан Сталь фон Гольштейн из этого полка сообщил, что полк состоял из 16 рот по 64 чел. Начиная с 1706 полк называется "лифляндским" вместо "эстляндского" - возможно расходы на его содержание переложили на эту провинцию. В 1707 переведен в армию Левенгаупта, вместе с ним в походе 1708 и в сражении при Лесной. 
Долгое время о внешнем виде этой шапки было известно только краткое описание ее вида спереди (инициалы Карла XII, гранаты, эстляндские львы), форма шапки и надпись на заднике были неизвестны. Опираясь на это описание шведами шапка была атрибутирована как Нарвский гарнизонный полк, и были сделаны 2 ее реконструкции (см Karoliner с. 52 и Hoglund & Sallinas.Great Northern war 1700-1721: Colours & Uniforms. Volume 1. p. 14). Несколько лет назад сначала стало известно полное описание шапки, а затем и ее фотографии. Это позволило однозначно аттрибутировать ее именно как шапку полка Де ла Гарди. Необходимо отметить, что никаких иных упоминаний о гренадеских шапках в Нарвском полку, кроме давней неверной атрибуции описания, НЕТ.
Надо отметить, что Хоглунд на стр. 15 упоминает эту шапку, но сомневается в том, что она полка Де ла Гарди, т.к. он имел с 1707 г. сине-желтую униформу, а шапка в сине-красных цветах. Полк получал униформу как минимум трижды, в 1700 (при формировании), 1702 (при восстановлении полка) и 1707. Известны цвета только последней, вероятно до 1707 полк носил сине-красную униформу. Сама шапка видимо изготовлена между 1703 (когда Данненфельд получил роту) и 1707 (новая униформа) годами. 

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий